2008年11月3日月曜日

Quan Am Temple - AIDS DAY EVENT

Dear beautiful friends,

First of all thank you for spending your time to read through my message, I hope this e-mail will be the root for making an action for charity event of World AIDS day. Because I have done World AIDS day events in Japan last 2 years after seriously knowing about the reality of the HIV/AIDS society in Vietnam, I have decided to hold it here as well.

By chance, I am here this year, so I would like to hold hands with you to share our love and contributions to people who have faced up to HIV/AIDS in Vietnam. Theseday, I have been to one of temples, Quan Am Temple(519/1 Cu Lao-P2,Dist Phu Nhuan) to pray a lot. I have talked to the master there to ask if it is okay for me to use the temple for the charity event and thankfully, the nun said okay(-: Thus, I will start preparing for the even, like start organizing, making flyers, posting and anouncing to people around etc... Then, if you give me a hand to make this successful, please join me and let's make an action here to educate people who do not realize the serious reality here, to stop spreading the numbers of HIV infections and prejudicing towards people infected HIV/AIDS. There are about 30-36 million people living with HIV worldwide statistically. The below is the fact of the case in Vietnam;

Number of people living with HIV: 290 000Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate: 0.5%Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV: 280 000Women aged 15 and up living with HIV: 76 000Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV: N/ADeaths due to AIDS: 20 000Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17: N/A It is the time to be aware and face up to this serious issues. I have been seeing many people are struggling with the issues in this country. Now we are here in one country from all over the world. We can do s.t together for this. If you are interested in getting involved with this, please let me know.

Love and peace

(-: Kind regards

(-: Maiko

0 件のコメント: