2009年6月8日月曜日

~A successful story from a street child ~

Early this year, there was a call from Japanese NGO, providing study tour in Vietnam and Cambodia, that they wanted me to lead their free day in Ho Chi Minh city. If I just tell about what I can get the information from the internet or books, or bring participants to shelters as local tour, someone can do. Thus, I organized to visit a restaurant that Ti works. From my experience, it is big difference to see real visions of street children and poverty from just imagination. Ti used to live on the street, in a shelter for street-boys, in the area as similar as a jail where homeless people are arrested. He cannot write nor read as having never been to school. My Vietnamese friend (Phuong) and I have seen him for 8 years and knew he has a pure and warm hearted, proudly; he always tries so hard to find a job and work even though his life challengings are not easy. Now he works at the restaurant from 7 am till midnight. While we were eating he was working so hard as everyday. After finishing the dinner, we sang his favorite song”Ookina-furudokei” that he always remembers and asks me to sing. At the end I gave a chance for Japanese students to ask questions to Ti, one of them asked,” What is the most important for you?” ” My mother and father.” he replied. His answer fulfilled everyone’s inner souls. I was glad to share what I have done as whom I am and what is the reality in the same planet. I hope it was a chance for them to look back their way of living and thinking to next step.

0 件のコメント: